Volunteers make the difference between a good school and a great school. The time you dedicate matters very much – whether you can commit a little time or a great deal of time, on school premises or in your home – it counts!
From classroom programs to potlucks, plant sales to school events, dances to graduation, there are so many ways for parents and families to volunteer. Contact Seward PTA's volunteer coordinator at email@example.com to be notified about volunteering in the future and to stay in touch with what’s going on at Seward.
A current list of ongoing volunteer opportunities is always available at our SignUps Group Page.
Volunteer for as many, or as few, things as you would like! Thank you for the best gift you can give Seward Montessori, your valuable time.
Volunteer Opportunities Throughout the School Year
- Seward PTA (More Information)
- Lunch and Recess (More Information)
- Classroom Volunteer (More Information)
- Room Parent (More Information)
- Seward Montessori Site Council (More Information)
- Photographers – Take pictures for the school’s website, classroom web pages and the newsletter.
- Splash monthly newsletter – Help with the layout. Gather stories. Volunteer from home and keep this communication line open!
- Donating baked goods for various events – Donate food throughout the year during conferences, staff appreciation and special events.
Volunteer Opportunities Once a Year
- Fall Family Potluck Picnic – Help at the first gathering of Seward families in September.
- Kindergarten Drop Off- Welcome new parents to Seward as they drop off their kinders for the first day.
- Picture Days –Prepare children for their school photographs (one date in the Fall and Spring).
- Seward Great Gathering-Help plan our Great Gathering at Midtown Global Market.
- Read Around – This fundraiser encourages all students to read in January/ February.
- Book Fair – Help set-up this fun event where we recycle our used books, videos, music, etc.
- E2 Dance – Help plan for this event for 4th and 5th grade families. March, 2016
- Middle School Dance – Help organize this social event for the Middle School.
- Courtyard – Help maintain the school’s courtyard: weeding, planting, laying mulch, etc in the Spring.
- Plant Sale – The Spring Plant Sale volunteers are involved with sorting and labeling plants for pickup by the buyers. Volunteers may also help to bring loads of plants to cars.
- Kindergarten Registration – Welcome incoming kindergartners in May.
- Spring Event – Assist with planning and carrying-out our school’s biggest social event in May.
- Staff Appreciation Luncheon – Coordinate the end-of-the-year luncheon for our fabulous staff. .
- History Day – Volunteers will be trained to help with Middle School’s History Day.
- 8th Grade Graduation – Help the graduation run smoothly.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss volunteering please contact:
Seward Montessori Family Liaison, Kerry Cashman: firstname.lastname@example.org 612-668-4952
Somali Family Liaison, Abdullahi Abdulle, email@example.com, 612-668-4975